The Eat Together, Eat Better lessons support nutrition, parent, and youth educators in teaching the importance of family meals in “setting roots for a life time”.
The lessons use a mix of interactive learning formats, including small- and large-group discussions, brainstorming, planning, and cooking activities. All of these activities create discussion, encourage problem solving, and develop skills to support family meals. Through three related themes—Cook Together, Talk Together, and Celebrate Together—participants will understand benefits of family meals, build skills to support family meals, and gain insight on how to incorporate family meals into their routine.
The Eat Together, Eat Better Leader’s Guide provides details on planning and delivering the lessons in the community. Supporting Educational Materials and Incentives are available to download or order.
- Fillable Event Announcement
- Sample Press Release
- Sample Press Advisory
- Evaluation Forms
- Fact Sheet
- Photo Release
- Cook Together (All)
- Cook Together: Adult Lesson
- Cook Together: Family Lesson
- Cook Together: Youth Lessons
- Cook Together: Leader’s Recipe Guide
- Celebrate Together (All)
- Celebrate Together: Adult Lesson
- Celebrate Together: Family Lesson
- Celebrate Together: Youth Lessons
- Celebrate Together: Leader’s Recipe Guide